Saturday, June 2, 2018

Writing Challenge

The best way to write is to write. In fact, the best way to do anything is to do it. Seems the shoe company slogan ingrained in us late Gen-Xers was on to something.

After completing the dissertation in late December, I took a significant break from writing to allow myself time to decompress and let the reality of what I'd done (and what's to come) a little time to settle in. The honeymoon is over now and it is time to reestablish a writing routine to put the degree to use.

As always, and with anything, the greatest obstacle is time. And the way to "find" time is to make room for it. So as a way to get back into the swing of things without taking on more than my commitments allow, I am giving myself a 10 day writing challenge that begins today with this post. My goal is to take at least 10 minutes each day to share an idea on this blog no matter how small, or large, it may be. I know that having a loose outline is helpful for me to get things moving, so I have come up with a list of potential topics in case I don't find that occasionally elusive "inspiration" to write. While I would like the blog to focus primarily on my work in the theatre classroom, research, etc., but for now anything goes until I find my new groove.

So, mark off Day 1! I will see you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment