Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Looking Back at My Earliest Projects

Receiving wisdom from Lowell Swortzell
Rehearsals for Lucky Peter's Journey
February 2000
A few months ago, I was cleaning out an old filing cabinet in the education office at Writers Theatre. In one drawer was a series of teaching artist files and resumes from actors/directors with whom we've worked in the last 20 years. One of the last folders in there was mine, which contained my original letter of application and resume. It was remarkable to look back at some of my earliest work in the graduate program at NYU, particularly two TYA directing projects: a staged reading of Lucky Peter's Journey adapted by my mentor, Lowell Swortzell, and a devised, collaborative piece called The Greenwich Village Project.






'



No comments:

Post a Comment